Thoughts. (Updated frequently)

"Lets be honest; the person I lie to most is myself. "

Sunday 13 May 2012

Its funny how much I suck at studying

"Procrastination is like masturbation. At first, it may feel good. But in the end, you're only screwing yourself."

I am being swamped by this management report. I started it on Friday, and its taken so long for some significant progress. I probably should have started earlier, but you know, that's not Christine's style.


I guess the reason I've been putting it off is because I know it actually isn't that difficult, there's just quite a bit of research involved. I know that I would finish no matter what. I just have to sacrifice my beauty sleep, no biggie.
But I shouldn't have this type of attitude, it is after all worth 30% of my final mark. It would be very helpful if I got a good mark.



But being the procrastinator that I am, I find stupid and meaningless things to distract me. I drew up this sticky note for motivation, but all its done is take up more time because I am constantly checking whether I met the mark or not so I can tick it off.

I would say I'm around halfway now, but the rest should be quite easy, if I concentrate. But I'm finding it hard to. 

I actually stayed up the whole night last night, but hardly any of that time was spent doing the report. Most of the night was spent browsing online for things I would buy, catching up on the TV show 'New Girl', and formatting the word document to make it look 'pretty'. 
Four cups of coffee I had last night, I guess thats why I didn't feel like going to bed.

My breakfast this morning - A hot coffee and some fatty ass bun with tons of cream :)

I just passed like 10 minutes of time writing this post, maybe I should get back to work now. Or maybe I'll check Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment