Thoughts. (Updated frequently)

"Lets be honest; the person I lie to most is myself. "

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Economical Life.



Today in class, we went over the business cycle.
  


Life is kind of like the business (trade) cycle. I would compare my life to a sine graph, or cosine graph, but I think the business cycle is more appropriate.
Where I am right now, I would call it the 'recession'. I'm not looking forward to the hole I'm about to hit, it seems like everything is going downhill from here. In 3 weeks, when school exams come, I will hit the 'trough'. I will stay in that position for another couple of months until NCEA finishes, but everything can only get better after that.

The 'expansion' or 'upswing' phase, will be the month I have in NZ - after exams and before my trip. Everything will slowly seem better, as I recover from the traumatic experience of exams. I will start having fun and then BAM, next thing you know, I'll be making my way to the airport and heading off the Asia. :)

The 'peak/boom' will be HK/THAILAND TRIP, my gosh I am super excited, super looking forward to that.
And then the cycle repeats.

Overall, the trend is rising. The cycle has troughs and peaks, but the actual growth over time slowly increases.Life is like that. It has its ups and downs, but all in all - life gets better the longer we live.
Sine/cosine graphs tend to have the same amplitude the whole way through, thats why I think the business cycle is the most appropriate. It follows a positive tangent. No one wants their life to be going nowhere.


We can sometimes expect when each cycle will be. These fluctuations aren't always random.
Some things are unavoidable, but others, we can make better. Although we cannot always be at the highest point, we can make the most out of it.


People are always saying, "Life is too short .....". BUT LIFE ISN'T SHORT.
It is the longest thing we will ever have. Might as well make the most of it.

I signed up for the Australian Mathematics Competition with Jisu today, impulsively of course. 
I think I'm starting to grab every opportunity that goes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment