Thoughts. (Updated frequently)

"Lets be honest; the person I lie to most is myself. "

Monday 8 August 2011

There are two sides to every story.

Sunday night of Extrav - very late night blogging.


My eyes were opened up today.
I never thought of it like that before.



I always thought I could understand different points of view, understand where different people are coming from. If people are willing to open up to me, I tend put other their problems before mine. I like to be there for the people who I care about.


But what about the people who care about me?


When I am out late, I am usually having fun, forgetting about everything other than what I am doing at that moment. I forget about my parents at home, worrying about my whereabouts.
So they call me, but I miss it. First time accidentally, second time accidentally, and the third time - on purpose. Just because you know they are pissed and that you do not want to deal with them when they are in that mood.








Tonight was no exception. It is night of the last Chinese Extravaganza I will ever perform in, it was expected that I will be late home. But not too late - there is, after all, school the next day.



But I was late home. And being late home was one of the only things I could do for you.
You cried your heart out when you told me your worries. I didn't know what exactly to say, but I hope my arms, my hugs, my being there was enough to show that I really do care. I will always lend an ear to listen, a neck to agree or disagree and two arms to hold you and give you a hug.
You helped me open my eyes, and see things from a different point of view. I felt so selfish compared to your selflessness.


It was around 12:30am when I got home. Oops, my bad.
Usually when I know my parents are pissed, I would quietly sneak into my room and pretend that I got home a few minutes earlier than I actually did. This way, I would think you couldn't yell at me for not being home.
Tonight was different. After what you told me, I wanted to go upstairs and apologise to them for coming home so late. All they did when I went up was start telling me off. Why are you home so late? Why didn't you pick up our calls? Why are you so irresponsible?


I tried to defend myself, but I couldn't. Why didn't I pick up when they called? Why didn't I text them that I will be late home? So I just kept quiet and stood there.
With everything you just told me in mind, tears just flowed down my face.


I don't like crying, especially around people. It doesn't do much good, other than ruin your makeup.


The reason I was crying was not because I felt like they were attacking me, it was because everything they said was right. Everything they said made perfect sense. It did not seem illogical in any way. They were so worried about me, they couldn't go to sleep. 
I never thought of it from my parent's POV before, but maybe I should start. It's not easy to be a parent.


If you read this, please don't feel responsible.


Everyone is so hyped from Extrav, but I'm just not in the mood at the moment. Write about it tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, Christinebaby :s I get that too.... Its like, how would I feel when I'm a parent...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Righteous.

    Hence why I would like a girl, I can't deal with a son like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New phone?
    I know how you feel.
    You're a good person =]

    ReplyDelete