Thoughts. (Updated frequently)

"Lets be honest; the person I lie to most is myself. "

Monday 12 September 2011

Freeeeedom.

09/09/11 - RWC Opening was AMAZING. Enough said. So proud of NZ.


Well, I will never EVER have to sit a mock exam EVER EVER AGAIN. High school mocks are over, and after a few months, high school exams will be history. 
I can't believe mocks were only two days ago. I feel like I've done so much after that.


On Friday, it was the opening of the Rugby World Cup. At first I wasn't that keen on going, but then I thought, might as well, mocks are over.
I'm actually really glad I went. Auckland was so alive. I have never seen so many people supporting for one's country. Everywhere I looked there was a Tongan flag.
Quote from William: "Thought I was in Tonga for a moment."


 
Some random dude with a China flag. "China is the world champions of table tennis!"


Overall, it was a fun night. I watched my first ever rugby game on the big screen. I was never into sports but the atmosphere was so lively, I couldn't help but get into the game also. 
There were some girls behind us rooting for Tonga - "Thats ma husband, thats ma uncle, oh and that big guy right there, thats ma daddyyy." HAHA. 


Yeah, glad I went.




10/09/11 - Auckland Art Gallery
The Auckland Art Gallery opened around last last week. I saw it when I was walking past to go study. I REEEALLLY wanted to go in but I resisted temptation and went and studied like the good girl I am :)
So yesterday, the first official day of freedom, I went to the Art Gallery.
We were there for around 2 hours, and although we went to every room in the gallery, I don't feel like I saw everything. I will definitely go back again some other time to look at everything more closely.


 



One of my favourite parts of the gallery was probably the contemporary/found art section.
It was so interesting. I took a couple of photos but its not as good as if you were to see it in real life. GO CHECK IT OUT. I'm no expert on art, I just like looking at it.


Clear Glass Stack 1999
Apparently, its not held up by glue or anything. It is just carefully stacked on top of each other.
LOL, Alice was scared about me going too close to it and knocking it over. I think I'm more careful than that :)


Triptico Azule, Negro y Violetta 1977
This was so buzzyyyy. Hurts your eyes if you stare at it for too long. It doesn't photograph very well. This piece changes as you change position. From different angles, the art looks as if it moves. OPTICAL ILLUSION.

Side view of the lines.


I can't remember what this one is called, I don't even think I saw the name of it. But I really like this one. It's made with layers and layers of paint - it's really detailed if you look closer. It's one of the first ones you see when you walk into the exhibit.


There were also performances when we went. 








While we were walking around, we saw a sign that said "QUEUE HERE", so Alice, Jock and I joined the line. Rose and Jisu walked off somewhere cus they thought we were too slow.



It was like a white box in the middle of the room. Mysterious aye. Not knowing what it was when we were in line added to the surprise. 


When it was our turn, we took our shoes off and went inside. It was a small room with mirrors on the walls ! IT WAS SO COOL.


 
Evironment III 1973


This type of pattern on the walls.




Because only two people were allowed at one time, so Jock went by himself (awwww)
When he came out, I asked him if he had fun. His response? "I was doing my hair." LOL




I'm going to post more photos on Facebook once I finish touching them up. There is like over 100 photos to go through. 
But honestly, I recommend everyone to go check out the Art Gallery, even if you aren't into art. I'm sure you'll find something you like there; be it the sculptures, the paintings, the performances. I can't wait till I go back next time :)


Oh, and I FINALLY picked up my lens from Progear. A lens I bought in Feb 2010.
I didn't think I was allowed to pick it up since it was such a long time ago, but they are such nice people :)



No idea what I'm going to do with this zoom lens, maybe I'll go take some paparazzi shots of people :)
Good Weekend.

2 comments:

  1. omg that zoom lens looks so intense.
    art gallery is really good eh :D I was only inside for like 10 mins, definitely need to go back again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
    Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete