Thoughts. (Updated frequently)

"Lets be honest; the person I lie to most is myself. "

Thursday 15 September 2011

Bloody tests.

It has nearly been one year since blood donor day at my school.

Last year, I thought I'd be a good person and try something new. So with Cleo and Anna, we decided to donate blood. 





I'm not afraid of needles, and it was only around 500mL of blood. The worst that could happen was that I could get a numb arm and a little bit of bruising. No biggie.
At that time, I thought by signing up to donate blood I could:

- Find out my blood type
- Get a Blood Donors card
- Skip class

Oh, and of course, save lives too.


This man apparently has 2008 needles in his head. Crazzyyy right?????


On the day, after a million hours of waiting, turns out, I can't donate blood.
No, it's not because I'm not heavy enough, or my iron levels are too low, but its because 

MY VEINS ARE TOO THIN. WTF.

I still remember the words the man said to me.
"Christine, you haven't grown up yet! You're veins are too thin, thinner than our needles, See? You can't donate blood, maybe you can try again next year." (Along the lines of those words) He said that they won't be able to get blood without it hurting and bruising.

*&TGU$((*Y89((weoi*&$@!?

Funny thing was, a lot of people got turned down also. Because their iron levels weren't high enough, they were sick recently etc etc. I remember  the next day, asking everyone that was lining up with me whether they donated blood, and most of them said they couldn't. One of the only people I knew that actually did end up donating blood was Anna. And she was pretty much dragged along by Cleo and I (We decided we wanted to skip Bio together LOL).


Yeah, that was my fail blood donation experience.
I didn't even try sign up this year. My veins have not gotten any bigger.

They told me I could go to a blood center, where they could try use smaller needles to extract blood from my veins. Maybe I'll go there someday.

1 comment:

  1. Ive never been able to donate blood cuz apparently im weigh less than the minimal weight.... Sigh... May be I should start taking protein shake things

    ReplyDelete