Thoughts. (Updated frequently)

"Lets be honest; the person I lie to most is myself. "

Thursday 10 November 2011

Procrastination at IC


For the past few days, the weather has been really nice. The sun is out, it's not too cold or too hot.
As the Uni students come to the end of their exams, and the end of their university year, us high-schoolers are cursed to study for the upcoming externals.

Oh wait, my bad, it is not only the Uni students, but also students taking Cambridge that are nearly finishing.
THIS IS WHY I HATE NCEA.

I've been going to IC everyday this week. Yes, it's only Thursday but studying four days in a row is rare for me. I think I've done some semi-productive learning over the past few days.
How long will I able to keep this up? With three weeks of exams coming, I know that I won't be motivated enough to study for that long. (And then I'll fail my exams and not get into Uni and then my 'life plan' will commence.)
My last exam is on 30 Nov, same day as Graduation dinner. Or 24 Nov, if I decide not to attend Scholarship Eco. But I have so long to study for it, I might as well.

Last week was my last ever week at high school, at Epsom Girls Grammar - the place I have been going to practically every weekday for the past five years. I should be a little emotional that I'm leaving, right? Then why don't I feel anything? At leavers assembly on the last day, there were girls crying. I didn't even feel the littlest bit sad.
It is true Epsom Girls has shaped me to the person I am today. But I am not sad that it's over, I'm happy that it happened. Through this school, I have met many people, formed many friendships and created many memories that I will cherish and remember forever - or at least a very long time.
However, there of course were some not-so-happy moments also. But you can't expect there to be no silly girl-drama at an all girls school.

Maybe I'll write more in EGGS some other time, I have to get back to studying so I can get into university next year and not have to drop out and join a gang.

But this time next year, I won't be stuck indoors studying for exams. No, I'll be having fun outdoors with my friends. And it will be my turn to laugh at the high-schoolers cramming like no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment