Thoughts. (Updated frequently)

"Lets be honest; the person I lie to most is myself. "

Thursday 9 February 2012

I'll be hanging with the Kangaroos and the Koalas

So it's final. I'm going to Australia for university.

Today I withdrew my enrolment from Auckland Uni, my flight for Sydney is booked and my accommodation is pretty much on its way to being sorted. I will be leaving my birth land in a mere 2 weeks.


This is the biggest decision I've ever had to make by myself. My parents told me they will support my decision from the start. Even though they say that, I know they are sad that I did decide to study overseas. A daughter just knows.

I have been told, "What's the big deal, Christine? It's only a three hour flight away, you'll be coming back every so often anyway." But I guess they just don't understand.
I know that this is very normal, for people to go overseas and study. But I don't know, there is just a lot of things I will miss. 

Everyday, I see my family. My mum, dad, my two sisters, and my brother. Although it seems like we shout at each other a lot, it just means that we care about each other. Our arguments never last more than a day, and sometimes it only lasts five minutes.
I know they will miss me as much as I will miss them.
My grandparents - I see more than twice a week. I am super close to all four of my grandparents, and it would be weird if I didn't see them at least once a month. But I know that they will occasionally call me and ask me if I have enough warm clothes to wear or if I am eating healthily. 
My aunties and uncles - they tell me that when they go Sydney, I will have to show them around. I know they are comforting me, and letting me know that they are never too far away.
And my friends - I will miss randomly bumping into people on the streets. I will miss texting and asking to hang out whenever I am bored. Although I have started to drift apart from some of my friends already, I will miss each and every friend I had in NZ. 
(I sound like I have a terminal disease and I'm about to die or something LOL)
Nah, but there are always ways to keep in touch, so I'm not too worried :)

Each day is passing so fast. I feel like I shouldn't get too comfortable because I will be leaving very soon. I actually haven't told many people that I'm leaving, but word gets around in a small town like Auckland. 

I'm excited, and nervous at the same time. Also scared.

I have a one way ticket to Sydney, but Auckland will forever be my home 

Oh, and my parents randomly decided to get an iPhone, which was super nice of them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment